Thursday, February 7, 2013

Proud to be Canadian (and a little Geeky)

OK, today's post is completely off topic but I'm pretty excited about it so I figured you might be interested too...

Have you been following @Cmdr_Hadfield on Twitter?  He posts the lovliest photos from the international space station, plus he's Canadian so I like to support him~


It's entirely possible that I've been slipping his name into conversation too often lately because a friend of mine recently sent me this link: http://www.asc-csa.gc.ca/eng/webcast.asp  along with this note: "Something tells me you'll be interested in live streaming this".

What? Commander Hadfield and Captain Kirk chatting live through space?


I have no idea why my friend thought I would find that exciting~


The Canadian Space Agency is hosting the live chat today at 10:30 EST HERE or on Ustream HERE.

Commander Hadfield is also releasing a new song with the Bare Naked Ladies (another group of awesome Canadians) on Friday on CBC music!  It doesn't get any more Canadian (or geeky) than that!

Update: Also on YouTube HERE.

2 comments:

Donna Wilkes said...

You have to love a space girl in a Star Trek uniform! You are crazy!

Brenda said...

Love the shirt!! and all things you blogged
WAY TO BE CANADIAN EH?
Cheers from Oshawa,

* Stay in dry and warm.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...