Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Studio Mini Make-Over

This is hardly a make-over at all, but I do feel like going from hot pink to peach has given my creative space a slightly more serene and calm feel

Here are some 'before' shots:
Etcetorize studio, studio tour, studio decor
Everything was a nice clean white with hits of hot pink everywhere.

But lately, I've been wanting something softer. 


So I took down the hot pink curtains and put up some gauzy net type curtains from Ikea that I wasn't using.  That alone made the whole room much more airy feeling.
I repainted the frames on my bulletin boards and lightened their loads a bit.  They were getting a bit overcrowded with inspiration pics.


There's supposed to be a TV on that stand, but in the course of moving things around and cleaning things up, this happened...


Yes, that is my TV...in pieces.  Boo hoo.  It's OK, it was old and needed to be replaced.  I just thought I could hold off a little longer.

Anyway, back to my peach palace...

Here's where I sit and sew:
There's my Button Art Project on the the wall~
And right behind my chair is my newly covered ironing board.  (I used my own Ironing Board Cover tutorial)

I've moved my extendable crafting table over to the corner when it's not being used.  When I need it, I just roll it out and open it up.


I added some paper doilies to the shelves to really girlify things up.


And to finish it all off, I replaced the hot pink fabric drawer pulls I had made before, with some pretty peach grosgrain ribbon.  This is where I keep all, wellllll most, OK OK, some of my fabric, and my most favourite sewing patterns.
fabric storage, pattern storage, sewing storage, Ikea storage

The Vintage Drawer
There you go!  That's where you can find me when I'm not sitting here at my computer telling you all about what I'm doing in there.

Hope you enjoyed the tour!

Don't forget...today is the last day (June 13th) to get your entries in to win the Martha Stewart Stitched Banners and Tags!

12 comments:

Little City Farm said...

When you go through it all, they sound like small changes but the overall impact is really quite surprisingly huge. I love the new look and feel it is fitting with how I see you.

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

Waoo, Tammy..you are awesome! such neat & clean place you are having..good girl :) and sorry about your TV..how you are living without it these days? oops..
All the best..

ana@carpe_diem said...

I am so jelous haha,I need a room like that, just for me!
your peace of heaven looks really nice :)

Abby said...

It looks like such a nice relaxing place to work

mama mia said...

Tamara
You were always a peachy girl,so this comes as no surprise.
Looks very nice.
Mama mia

Partycraft Secrets said...

Lovin' the doilies! Joined the site - love you to come visit me too some time! x
http://partycraftsecrets.blogspot.com.au/

Unknown said...

I love both the before and after versions of your studio! The changes make it look like a very relaxed place to create!

DownTheLaneWithDaisy said...

How good that must feel, to redo your room, even in a subtle way. You look very organized and I look at it with envy. Soon, for me, soon!!!!!! I'll have my own space, studio, sewing room, craft room, it still needs a name, but I can't wait. Enjoy!!

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

What a pretty and organized crafting space! I love all the little changes you made. It's too bad about the tv though! :)

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

I'm so jealous of your great studio! I'm still sewing out of my dining room!

Unknown said...

Love it!! I am totally jealous of all your lovely windows. Thanks for partying with us.:)

Unknown said...

I just love your fabric shelf. Thank you for sharing it at Furniture Friday.
xoxo...mONICa

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...