Thursday, March 3, 2011

Inspiration Shot: Roman Ruins

What do you see when you look at pictures like these?


(These pics were taken pre-digital camera days so please pardon the quality)

Roman Forum, Rome,  Italy
I see what used to be.  I see Cleopatra in all her shimmer and shine enchanting every Roman who looked her way when Julius Caesar showed her off to his people.  I see Mark Anthony partying the night away at some ancient palace with incredible mosaics everywhere you look.  I see fountains and statues and a beauty that everyone thought would live on forever.

Please tell me that you see the beauty and experience and adventure inside each of those stone pillars.  Don't look at the cracks and broken crumbling rocks.  Today is my birthday, and it's a big one.  In case you haven't picked up on it, I'm afraid I'm having a hard time with the whole growing old gracefully concept. 

Leave a comment and share some words of wisdom.

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...